CONVERGYS WORK AT HOME PROGRAM
We are looking for great people who have a passion for customer service. Instead of working in a traditional call center environment, our Convergys Work At Home program hires customer service agents who work directly from home. We have three basic types of work for home positions; all are required to provide customer service support. Some positions are more sales or technically focused. During the application process you will be asked to identify which of these positions most interests you. Your qualifications and experience will be reviewed as part of the evaluation process.
How do you know if working at home with Convergys is right for you?
- You would like a full benefit package with medical, vision, and dental coverage.
- You would like to earn paid vacation.
- You would like to participate in a 401-K plan and be reimbursed for college tuition.
- You would like all your training and work to be virtual, working out of your own home office that you set up and design to your liking.
- You would like the confidence that comes from superior, quality training.
- You would like to be part of a team of professionals that has fun and actually enjoys working together.
- No commuting expenses, i.e. gas, parking, etc.
- Working from the comfort of your own home office
- Paid training
- Advancement opportunities
- Variety of schedules
Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG) is a global leader in customer management.
2. What do we do at Convergys?
We provide solutions that drive more value from the relationships our clients have with their customers. For example, when you have a question about your cable bill or want to change plans on your cell phone, and you call customer service, you just may be talking with a Home Agent.
3. Where is Convergys Work At Home hiring from?
Convergys is currently accepting applications from the 48 U.S. contiguous states. We are currently hiring from these states: AL, AZ, CO, FL, GA, ID, IN, IA, KS, KY, LA, MI, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NM, NY, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WV, WI, WY.
4. Are there any up-front fees to become a Convergys Home Agent?
Convergys does not charge you to become an employee of the company. If you meet the necessary computer and Internet connectivity requirements, you will be eligible to be a Home Agent.
*Please note that you may need to purchase one or two items to perform regular duties (view Requirements for additional details)
5. What Can I Expect?
- We have day shifts, evening shifts, and even overnight shifts.
- Agents work 8 or 8.5 hour shifts. Full time equates to 40 hours with many programs offering overtime hours.
- Part time schedules are 4-6 hour shifts, equating to 25-30 hours per week and also allow for overtime hours.
- Working specifically on one client account with training dedicated to the information and skills needed to succeed.
Everybody has their own idea of what "working from home" means. Here are some common myths:
- I can work my hours whenever I want.
- I can put my customer on hold while I run to the refrigerator to grab a quick snack.
- I can DVR my favorite shows and watch them while I work.
- I can take care of family members.
- I can take the dog out for a quick walk.
- I can fold laundry while I talk to customers.
7. What is the compensation structure?
Our home agents receive paid training as well as a set hourly wage. Some positions also qualify for performance based incentives in addition to the hourly wage. Employees are paid for their hours worked, not per call answered. They also qualify for employee benefits. Convergys offers comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, 401K, tuition reimbursement, and more.
All technology requirements must be provided by the employee and must be maintained in good working condition. All costs to meet these requirements, including repairs, monthly telephone, and internet charges are the responsibility of the employee and are not reimbursed by Convergys.
Personal Computer - Minimum Specifications
- Desktop or Laptop with Microsoft Windows Operating System (Apple/Mac, Chromebook, & Android systems are not compatible)
- 17” Monitor with 1280x1024 minimum resolution
- Intel or AMD processor (excluding all smartphone & tablet CPU’s)
- PC age (manufacture date) of less than 6 years
- 2GB RAM
- 12GB Free hard drive space
- 2 unused USB ports
- Wired Ethernet LAN. WiFi / Wireless is not permitted
- All peripherals must be wired. No wireless Keyboard, Mouse, or Headset
- Cable or DSL ISP on approved list (Satellite/Wireless ISP’s are not permitted)
- Subscribed Upload Rate equal or exceeds 0.5 Mbps
- Subscribed Download Rate equal or exceeds 1.5 Mbps
- ISP must be highly stable with no packet loss and latency under 100ms
- Home Router with wired link to PC
- Convergys requires Internet not be used for non-work related purpose during working hours. This includes media streaming, gaming, or web usage by other members of household.
- Approved* Headset
- Approved* USB Thumb Drive
- Telephone with a mute button for use during training, team meetings and feedback sessions
Note: While every attempt is made to determine hardware compatibility, not all hardware will work with Convergys systems.
Environment, Physical, Other
- A home office environment that is quiet and free from distraction.
- Ability to perform light hand activity work at a computer/telephone station in a home office environment.
- Position is primarily sedentary.